Nothing says ‘Harry Potter Party’ like Cockroach Clusters, or so Miss15 seemed to think anyway. The dates were a brilliant addition because they really do look like a cocky is sticking out of the chocolate biscuit. Heard a few of the girls at the party ewwwing and one even asked if they were real cockroaches. Mentally high-fived myself! Even better, when you bite in you get the crunchiness of the M&M’s & pretzel pieces and the gooey squishiness of the marshmallows. Very bug-like and disgustingly delicious. I’ve already been told, party or no party, I’ll be ducking down to Woolies to buy the ingredients to make them again shortly. Just be aware they do have much peanutiness and some kids have major health problems with that. Master13 used to blow up like he’d been hit with a stinging jinx.
You will need:
120 grams unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups quick oats
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter M&M’s
12 dates, pulled into half lengthwise
1/2 cup pretzel pieces, crunched into large bits
- Melt butter over medium head then add sugar, milk and cocoa powder. Stir and bring to boil, cooking for a further one and a half minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter and vanilla, then add oats.
- Next, add the M&Ms, pretzels and marshmallows.
- Spoon globs of wonderment onto baking paper and allow to cool.
- Accept praise and giggles.
Raising a family on little more than laughs
This is not a sponsored post although we’ve been working with Woolworths a lot this year and I think they’re awesome for baking options so I’m giving them a call out