When I think of Harry Potter themed food, I think of Butterbeer. Not sure why. I’m not that big a fan of butter.
But after Butterbeer it’s Hagrid’s Rock Cakes. So I made it a priority to find a recipe for Miss15’s Potter party.
This one was a winner. Looked the part but no one needed to break a tooth biting into them.
Bought everything at Woolies (searching out their good value brand – W on a green background) and have enough left over to make another four batches.
Won’t need a remembrall to remind me to do that. Not with my five kids.
You will need:
2 cups self raising flour
pinch of salt
½ cup raw sugar
1 cup mixed dried fruit
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
¼ cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Combine flour and salt.
- Whisk in the butter.
- Add sugar & dried fruit, mixing well.
- Fold the egg into the mixture, then add the milk and juice to finish off your dough.
- Spoon lumps of mixture onto a greased baking tray and slip into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before letting them put a spell on your kids.
Raising a family on little more than laughs
This is not a sponsored post although I’ve included a link for those pumpkin seeds because we’ve been working with Woolworths a lot this year and I think their baking aisle is awesome