I’m a huge pumpkin fan so no surprise I loved these Pumpkin Pasties I made for Miss15’s Harry Potter themed birthday party. I was hoping to have a few left over to snack on but they disappeared like magic. See what I did there? We bought Macro Natural Pumpkin Kernels to sprinkle on top of the pasties. They looked great. Also happen to make a nice snack to nibble on while you’re cooking – a theory I thoroughly tested out.
You will need:
I kg pumpkin, cut into chucks and roasted until tender
4 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 grated cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
6 puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 egg, beaten with a dash of milk
2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- Preheat over to 200 degrees.
- Mash the pumpkin with the butter. Stir in garlic, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Lay out a thawed pastry sheet. We managed to cut two large circles from each sheet, but no reason you can’t manage four smaller ones. Do whatever tickles your fancy.
- Evenly distribute pumpkin mash to each pastry circle, then fold over to a half moon shape. Press the dough ends together and crimp with a fork, adding two slivers into the top of each pastie.
- Brush with egg mix and throw a few pumpkin seeds on top of each before you slip them into the over for half an hour.
- Allow to cool when cooked and then hide half away for yourself.
Raising a family on little more than laughs
This is not a sponsored post although I’ve included a link for those pumpkin seeds because we’ve been working with Woolworths a lot this year and I think their Macro range is awesome.