Easy, simple cooking doesn’t have to be boring. This is a simple dish our whole family loves. It takes about ten minutes to make and because we dish it up in the middle of the table and let everyone make their own, it gets the whole family interacting.
- Pork mince, 500gms
- Lettuce cups (we prepare two iceberg lettuce, but usually there’s lettuce left over)
- Shallots, a few, chopped up roughly
- Capsicum, 1/2, chopped into small bits
- Garlic, 3 cloves, crushed
- Soy sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Plum sauce, 3 tablespoons
- Sweet chilli sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Water chestnuts, 1 small tin (200gms-ish)
- Oil, a little bit
In a pan, heat the oil and add the mince and garlic for a few minutes. Add shallots, sauces & water chestnuts.
Put lettuce cups and mince in centre of table and let everyone fill their own cups and enjoy.
Our ’BIG FAMILY little income’ Facebook Page
’raising a family on little more than laughs’